This season, the Rookie program will once again be run in alignment with the Bethells Junior Surf program.
The programme is designed for our 13 year olds who are aiming for their lifeguard award the following year.
The Rookie programme has been developed to assist our up and coming lifeguards in developing the following skills through participating and socially engaging;
• Lifesaving education • Beach management • Patrol experience
In addition, through the Rookie programme we aim to;
• Promote practical lifesaving to the Rookie members
• Increase & develop lifesaving skills
• Outline & describe the career pathways in lifesaving
• Develop strong camaraderie between junior & senior club members